Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Philippines citizens
Philippine citizens can apply for electronic travel authorization online when travelling to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is available online for Philippine citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 180 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). A total of 5 documents are required for applying Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). You can find Sri Lanka visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Sri Lanka from Philippines?
Yes, Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is required for Philippine citizens. Philippine passport holders can to apply for a tourist visa online.
Sri Lanka visit visa conditions for Philippine citizens
- Persons intending to visit Sri Lanka can apply for ETA online.
- The ETA is initially limited to 30 days validity from the date of arrival although it may be extended for up to six (06) months.
- Apply online for Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA can be obtained very easily, fill out the secure application form online along with confirmation and document requirements and get your ETA and instructions to get your visa stamped.
- On arrival, your visa stamped onto your passport.
- Applicant: not required
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 180 days
- Stay: short term
Sri Lanka tourist visa requirements for Philippine citizens
Documents required for Sri Lanka tourist visa from Philippines include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Sri Lanka
Photo must be no older than 6 months
A clear scan copy of passport of country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Accomodation reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
How to apply for Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) from Philippines
Sri Lanka online e-visa application process for Philippine citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Philippine citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Sri Lanka visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Sri Lanka government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Sri Lanka tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Philippine passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Sri Lanka. If not apply for a new Philippine passport.
Online application Go to the Sri Lanka tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your Sri Lanka visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for Sri Lanka is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
Thing to consider when applying for Sri Lanka tourist visa
- Electronic Travel Authorization can also be obtained on arrival.
- 30 days extendable to 6 months.
- Make sure Philippines passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Sri Lanka.
- Always carry Philippines passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Sri Lanka.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Sri Lanka, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Sri Lanka and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Sri Lanka.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Research the weather conditions in Sri Lanka and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Sri Lanka.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Sri Lanka.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Sri Lanka.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Manila to Colombo, with prices starting at ₱6,333.00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Sri Lanka visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.