Syria tourist visa
Syria tourist visa from Turkmenistan
Syria tourist visa is required for Turkmen citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Syria tourist visa. A total of 8 documents are required for applying Syria tourist visa. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Syria tourist visa conditions for Turkmen citizens
- The no. of tourists visiting Syria has drastically dropped because of the condition of the country with respect to terror activities.
- However, tourist visa is still issued to travellers visiting for personal purposes such as exploring the country or meeting their family there. Any personal purpose comes under this category.
- The first thing you need to know is that travel agencies don’t issue tourist visas for Syria but a security clearance (a background check), which you need to show at the customs. Actually, you don’t even need to show it because you will appear in their database.
- Once you have your security clearance, you can buy your visa at the border.
- You will also have to pay an exit fee of 2,500SYP, which is around 5USD.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
How to apply for a Syria tourist visa from Turkmenistan
Step 1 : Turkmen citizens need to get a visa for Syria by going to the nearest embassy.
Step 2 : Fill the application form for Syria.
Step 3 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Syria
Step 4 : Once the visa application for Syria is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
Step 5 : Pickup your passport from Syria embassy
Step 6 : You can now travel to Syria and stay for the duration on your visa.
Syria tourist visa requirements for Turkmen citizens
8 documents required for Syria tourist visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Syria
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to Syria. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to Syria. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
Original Passport or Travel document of Turkmenistan with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A clear scan copy of passport of Turkmenistan with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you. Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, visit and company.
A letter from your relative or friend or company inviting you to visit and their relationship to you. The letter could state: the purpose of your visit and length of stay, if you will be staying with them, If this person will be paying for your stay, provide proof of their funds. Invitation in from Syrian in Arabic language only. The letter should be attested by chambers of commerce in Syria which should be faxed/courier to the Embassy by Syrian Company. A Copy of letter should also be attached in Application. If Travelling for the First Time than - The invitee is required to arrange a guarantee letter stating that the passenger is a genuine traveler. The guarantee letter should also have invitee's contact number and email id.
Save 88% internationally
💳 No ATM fees in Syria
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Syria
Syria COVID-19 travel restrictions
Syria has unknown restrictions for travel. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Syria.
✨ Syria tourist visa tips
- Admission is refused to holders of passports or travel documents containing a visa/stamp for Israel or any data that passenger has been to Israel or indication of any connection with the State of Israel.
- According to the Law No. 2 of 2014 all visitors require visas prior to arrival. According to the IATA database, visa may be obtained on arrival and is valid for 15 days.
🎒 Syria travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Syria visa advice
Do turkmen citizens need a visa to go to Syria?
Yes, visa is required for Turkmen citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Syria visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.