India Visa free
India Visa free for Bhutan citizens
Bhutanese citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to India. India Visa free is free for Bhutanese citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for India Visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying India Visa free. You can find India visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to India from Bhutan?
No, India visa is not required for Bhutanese citizens. Bhutanese passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
India visit visa conditions for Bhutanese citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
India tourist visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
Documents required for India tourist visa from Bhutan include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Bhutan with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Bhutan in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave India
How to apply for India Visa free from Bhutan
India visa free process for Bhutanese cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Bhutanese citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into India. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in India.
Valid passport Check that Bhutanese passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in India. If not apply for a new Bhutanese passport.
Arrival After arriving, Bhutanese citizens can go to India immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in India, present Bhutan passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive India visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in India for the 90 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for India tourist visa
- If you are planning to visit Kerala, this post on destinations in Kerala is helpful
- Make sure Bhutan passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to India.
- Always carry Bhutan passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in India.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for India, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in India and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in India.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in India.
- Research the weather conditions in India and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in India.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in India.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in India.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in India.
India travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
India visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about India Visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.