Peru visa for Uruguayan citizens in May 2023
Peru tourist visa
Peru tourist visa for Uruguay citizens
Uruguayan citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Peru. Peru tourist visa is free for Uruguayan citizens. With this touris visa stay is usually short with a period of 183 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Peru tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Peru tourist visa.
Peru tourist visa conditions for Uruguayan citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 183 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Peru tourist visa requirements for Uruguayan citizens
Documents required for Peru tourist visa from Uruguay include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Uruguay with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Uruguay in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Peru
How to apply for Peru tourist visa from Uruguay
Peru visa free process for Uruguayan cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Uruguayan citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Peru. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Peru.
Valid passport Check that Uruguayan passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Peru. If not apply for a new Uruguayan passport.
Arrival After arriving, Uruguayan citizens can go to Peru immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Peru, present Uruguay passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Peru visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Peru for the duration on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Peru tourist visa
- Entry is allowed with a valid Uruguayan identity card that is less than 10 years old.
- Uruguayans can live and work legally in Peru under the Mercosur (and Associated Members) immigration agreement with no requirement other than being a citizen at birth or a naturalized citizen for over 5 years, and passing a background check.
- Make sure Uruguay passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Peru.
- Always carry Uruguay passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Peru.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Peru, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Peru and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Peru.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Peru.
- Research the weather conditions in Peru and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Peru.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Peru.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Peru.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Peru.
Peru travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Montevideo to Lima, with prices starting at $U 10.924,00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Peru
✈️ flight prices
Stay in Peru
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Peru
🏥 travel insurance cover
Money in Peru
💳 access money easily
Drive in Peru
🚙 best car rentals
Peru is part of South America with main city at Lima. Its Developing country with a population of 31M. The main currency is Sol. The languages spoken are Spanish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do uruguayan citizens need a visa to go to Peru?
No, visa is not required for Uruguayan citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Peru visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Peru with Uruguay passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.