Russia eVisa for Norway citizens
Norwegian citizens can apply for a visa online when travelling to Russia. Russia eVisa is available online for Norwegian citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 16 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Russia eVisa. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Russia eVisa. You can find Russia visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Russia from Norway?
Yes, Russia eVisa is required for Norwegian citizens. Norwegian passport holders can to apply for a tourist visa online.
Russia visit visa conditions for Norwegian citizens
- Russia e-visa is free of charge and its validity and/or the permitted stay under it cannot be extended
- Invitations, hotel booking confirmations or any other documents that confirm the purpose of your journey to Russia are not required for an e-visa
- The time period for issuing an e-visa is no longer than 4 calendar days from the date of submission of the complete application
- E-visas can be of the following categories only: ordinary business visa (purpose of journey is business), ordinary tourist visa (purpose of journey is tourism), and ordinary humanitarian visa (purposes of journey are sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties)
- Applicant: not required
- Max stay: 16 days
- Visa validity: 30 days
- Stay: short term
Russia tourist visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
Documents required for Russia tourist visa from Norway include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Russia
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Norway with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Russia An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Hotel reservation(s) in Russia for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
How to apply for Russia eVisa from Norway
Russia online e-visa application process for Norwegian citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Norwegian citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Russia visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Russia government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Russia tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Norwegian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Russia. If not apply for a new Norwegian passport.
Online application Go to the Russia tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your Russia visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for Russia is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
Thing to consider when applying for Russia tourist visa
- Foreign citizens should leave the territory of Russia only through checkpoints of the constituent entity of Russia which they entered
- Application form for an e-visa can be filled not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of entry into Russia
- e-Visa holders must arrive and departure via 29 checkpoints.
- Make sure Norway passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Russia.
- Always carry Norway passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Russia.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Russia, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Russia and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Russia.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Russia.
- Research the weather conditions in Russia and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Russia.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Russia.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Russia.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Russia.
Russia travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Russia visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Russia eVisa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.