Iraq visa on arrival for UK citizens to travel in 2023
Iraq visa on arrival
Visa on Arrival
Iraq visa on arrival for UK citizens
UK citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Iraq. Iraq visa on arrival is available on arrival for UK citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 60 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Iraq visa on arrival. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Iraq visa on arrival.
Iraq visit visa conditions, fees and processing time for UK citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 60 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: $75
- Stay: short term
Iraq tourist visa requirements for UK citizens
Documents required for Iraq tourist visa from UK include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of UK with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from UK in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Iraq
How to apply for Iraq visa on arrival from UK
Iraq visa on arrival process for UK cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 6 steps and carrying the necessary documents, UK citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Iraq. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Iraq.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Iraq tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that UK passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Iraq. If not apply for a new UK passport.
Arrival After arriving, UK citizens can go to Iraq immigration counter.
Fill application Fill out the immigration form of Iraq.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Iraq, present UK passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Receive visa You will receive Iraq visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Iraq for the duration on your stamping.
Iraq travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Iraq
✈️ best flight deals
Stay in Iraq
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Iraq
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Iraq
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Iraq
💳 access money easily
Iraq tourist visa and travel tips
- British citizens can obtain a visa on arrival at Iraq's airports, land and sea crossings for 60 days, for a fee of US$75.
- Visa not required for up to 30 days to Iraqi Kurdistan.
- On 15 March 2021 the Iraqi government lifted pre-arrival visa requirements, allowing British citizens to apply for visa on arrival in any entry point.
- Make sure UK passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Iraq.
- Always carry UK passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Iraq.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Iraq, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Iraq and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Iraq.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Iraq.
- Research the weather conditions in Iraq and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Iraq.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Iraq.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Iraq.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Iraq.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do uk citizens need a visa to go to Iraq?
No, visa is not required for UK citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Iraq visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Iraq with UK passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.